- Get to know the woodland trees. We have used the Woodland Trust’s leaf spotting activity sheet with a couple of amendments to make it more relevant to Whitewebbs.
- Find the woodland art treasure trail. A local artist has produced eight pictures of fauna and flora. Copies of these have been placed around Cuffley Brook. Use the map and “What3Words” references to find these.
3. Find the Fairy doors – between the aqueduct and Ranger’s Monument. New ones keep appearing
4. Explore the Old Course of the New River in Whitewebbs (and beyond). An abandoned loop of the New River crosses the Golf Course, passes through the woodland and by way of the aqueduct follows the 100 foot contour line to Beggars Hollow and thence to Gough Park. Following the route makes for a good walk and will be of interest to those with an eye for industrial archaeology, history and an amazing piece of engineering.
5. Whitewebbs treasure hunt – the prize is a wonderful walk through our beautiful park.
More activities are being developed. If you have ideas contact us but be prepared to help with their production.